Sunday, November 2, 2008

Elephant & a market bag...


I cut out an elephant applique quite a while ago with the intention of putting it on a denim dress for Em, but like many of my great intentions this never came to fruition. So instead it ended up on a pair of denim shorts (made from thrifted denim) which were quick to whip up. Em raided my button tin this morning & came up with a small vintage flower button for his eye. It isn't the best applique as I could not find my vlisofix, but for everyday wear it is fine.

I also received my Portabello Pixie patterns in the post last week & decided to quickly whip up a market bag today . It isn't ironed & I didn't use interfacing, but it was a fantastic & quick pattern to sew up. i used yet again some thrifted fabric for the bottom section (taken from a vintage curtain) and just some other fabric from my stash which matched.

No comments: