Monday, January 18, 2010

My cut out pile & some sewing.....

I have finally had a chance to do some cutting out of skirts for me & to make up & sell & this is today's pile of fabrics I have cut from. Nice & bright. Now hopefully I can actually complete all these projects & show you some pictures of the finished product soon.
I am really bad at starting projects & not completing them as I have so many other ideas & want to start them all. I really need to be tough on myself & not start more projects until others are finished. Is anyone else like this? I am so bad I am to embarassed to show a picture of my UFO pile - it is huge!!!

This is a cute little reversible bucket hat I made up just after Christmas for Liam. It is simple, but I was pretty happy how it turned out as it is the first hat I have ever made & it actually fits him. I just think I may try & tweak the brim next time to make it wider.

Lastly are some of the christmas present I made. The owl tops & simple little skirt sets were made for my gorgeous nieces who are sisters.

This cheeky little girl pushing my washing trolley is one of my gorgeous nieces who is wearing a mermaid skirt which I also made one of for all of the girls on my side of the family.

6 comments:

cherri said...

Gorgeous Claire - I adore the little skirt and owl t-shirt sets - very nice.

Did you applique the owls onto the t shirt - I couldn't quite tell from the photo.

They are just awesome - can't wait to see the skirts.

JulieT said...

These are gorgeous I absolutely love that hat with the guitars!

Joely Whiting said...

oh what lovely things you have made! liams hat is super, like him!

Claire said...

Cherri - The branch, owls & leaves are all appliqued seperately.

Ashleigh said...

Love all your projects. Those owl sets are devine. My little boy got to pick whatever fat quarter today from Spotlight.. he picked the bird one your little girl had picked up. Ha ha too cute. He must think she has good taste!

Renee said...

Oh yes I have the same problem - a huge UFO pile except mine is not a pile its scattered all over the house. It means I'm never bored! PS. I love the little skirts and owl tshirts.