Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Anyone for pumpkin???


I LOVE pumpkin , apart from potato it is the one vegie mum never had to force me to eat. I always was happy to swap with my siblings if they didn't want theirs. Well if you like pumpkin like me & want a super quick meal to whizz up when you are short on time or just too lazy to put in too much effort, then my Pumpkin & ricotta triangles are for you...

Ingredients - Pumpkin, ricotta (I like fresh, but tub would be fine) cheese, garlic & puff pastry.

Cut up pumpkin into small cubes & either boil or steam till soft, but still with some shape. Drain & mix in ricotta cheese & loads of garlic (or not so much if you are going to be smooching someone soon ). Cut a puff pastry sheet diagonal into 2 large triangles & pop mixture in middle & fold over. Brush top with egg . Pop in the oven till pastry is nice & golden brown. Snuggle down in cosy chair & enjoy...think nothing of how fattening pastry is - only of how good the filling is :)


My kids are a little fussy, so they probably would not eat these, but they do like sausage rolls. To be sneaky & get the pumpkin into them I did this & they loved them....First I had 4 beef sausages which I removed the skin off. I mashed some of the cooked pumpkin in with the sausage meat & then added some fresh parmesan cheese. Wrapped it in puff pasrty in the shape of a sausage roll...easy peasy! They went down a treat.

3 comments:

zofia said...

ooh, yummy! They sound great and nice and quick ;)

Kylie said...

Will have to try these or a weekend lunch - they sound good:)

Gilly said...

My mouth is watering! Yummo!