Sunday, July 13, 2008

Wow almost a month!

Wow I can't believe almost a month has gone by since I last posted. I have an excuse though - I have been away at Mums & she does not have the internet connected. But it was a wonderful 3 weeks with family. My husband was away in Africa climbing Mt Kilimanjaro (expedition medicine) and then on a Safari. I was rather envious, but at least I was able to escape the Tassie cold for a bit.

For those of you who are interested this is one of the views on top of Mt Kilimanjaro....
Unfortunately there is a layer of cloud, but the little snow sculptures are just beautiful I think - amazing what the wind can create! Although he got a bit sick on the way up he said it was just amazing - they reached the summit just in time to see the sun rise!

I did a little crafting while I was away - I made 2 bags for Mum & my sister for their birthday - will post a pic in the next day or two. I also made 2 other bags. But that was about it. I did however pick up some great patterns (mostly vintage) which I am itching to try out.
Anyway it is late & I am tired so Goodnight!!

3 comments:

Mark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark said...

if you are interested there is a great Expedition Medicine course in Namibia that your husband might be interested in; see www.expeditionmedicine.co.uk for more info

Black Eyed Susie said...

Welcome home! Thanks for your lovely comment!